My theme tomorrow morning in Kid’s Church is prayer. Here’s a tip I’m going to teach the kids to help them remember who they can pray for. This object lesson uses their hands!
- Your thumb is the closest to you and points to yourself. You can pray for your own needs and talk to God about what is going on in your life.
- Your pointer finger reminds you of the people that point you in the way you should go (leaders). Your pastor, your teacher at school, government officials, etc.
- Your middle finger is the tallest finger on your hand. It reminds you to pray for the tallest people in your house – your parents. I guess you could use this finger to pray for people who are mean and do bad things, but I’m going to try to stay away from the whole “flip you off” thing.
- Your ring finger is the weakest finger on your hand. Pray for people who are sick, hungry, tired, etc.
- Your pinkie finger is the farthest from you. Pray for people all around the world who need to hear about Jesus.