Here are 7 things I often tell our uptown volunteers to do to make kids feel welcome in Uptown. If we are not consistently thinking about what we can proactively do to help kids feel welcome we won’t do it.
7 sure fire ways to make kids feel welcome in church.
- Talk to them how they talk to you – If they are shy you need to be shy, if they are outgoing be outgoing.
- Make fun of your self -If you can make funny faces or do funny voices that’s always a plus
- Always stoop down to their level.
- Stay up on kid culture – Don’t ask them about “the littles or Ducktails” ask them about Pheinous and Ferb
- Give them things – stickers, candy, Bible bucks
- Learn their names and their parents names
- ALWAYS greet the kids before the parents